IPODS! IPODS!

If you wanted a review

It is a loop so its kind of hard to review. But here it goes

Drums are nice I like the subtlety of the hi hats that's the kind of things I notice.

The melody is nice. But the pad is almost non existent bring it out about or not really its up to you.

um if I had to take something away it would have to be the fact that its a loop and I hope you plan on making this into a song because you should.

So there it is. 8/10 4/5

Merry Christmas =]

PlayTheGame responds:

lol thx MERRY XMAS

DJ Babokon - Rising Waves DJ Babokon - Rising Waves

Alright here we go

Imma comment as I listen.

That trance gate is so popular now a days, but honestly you make it work.

+ 159 points because of that 10 seconds of piano.

I like transition with the lo-pass at about 1:50 very nice at bringing the song down then back up. Adding the "Rising" in Rising Waves.

Like the big drum hits good job varying it up.

Ok there's the guitar I read about. I thought it was piano before so turn that thing up! Its good dont let that trance bass drown it out. (granted im not listening through my good speakers now)

+ Another 134 points for the key change. Rare. So obviously you know some theory which is a powerful tool to have on your proverbial music belt.

All in all solid was gonna be a 4/5 but i'll give you the 5 because of the keychain.

Good job. I rarely rarely give out 5's.

DJ-Babokon responds:

To be honest, I haven't studied any musical instrument or music theory, I just have an ear for it. I appreciate your 5 to the highest extent because you critiqued this song very well. Thank you.

Spacey WIP Spacey WIP

I liked this a lot actually.

I was a bit surprised because of the track title (just a little generic lol but hey who cares :D ).

Anyway musically I love the way this piece moves. You seem to know what youre doing. I enjoyed your choice of hi hat as well.

Im glad this is a WIP because I want to hear it finished. Please PM me when its done kay?

And Merry Christmas to you to!

Zuelo responds:

Thanks alot man ^^ and sure i send you a PM when it's finish but it needs alot of time but i think next month i have finish it .

Angel In The Night [Remix] Angel In The Night [Remix]

Havent heard the original

Surprisingly ive heard a lot of basshunter.

Solid track.

And ya...i beat this was a pain lol so again good job.

syphonmax responds:

Lol it really was, I gave up on this 3 times

And thanks

~McE~ Dark Sunrise ~McE~ Dark Sunrise

Alright so

Lemme offer you some advice. This is nice so far but, it lacks melody. Its just pad and drums. Im not sure if you have trouble writing melodies or what but its not hard.

Just take whatever key this song is in "the first note" and use notes in that key, specifically the 1st 3rd 4th and 5th. To start out with anyway.

So if this is in the key of C, use C E F and G. and so on and so forth

This just sounds incomplete my man.

Mcewthom responds:

i like apple pie, not a clue what key this is in, it came like this, doesn't fir in line with any of the other synths i got, how would i change the key of the other synths to fit this?

Sp1r1T - Motion of Movement Sp1r1T - Motion of Movement

K so

It all comes together very nicely, transitions 10 out of 10.

If i had to give you some constructive criticism (cuz thats what matters not our egos right? ;]) :
Correct me if im wrong, but up till 2:25 or whatever the song is pretty much the same melody at different octaves and with different instruments? You could vary those up to keep you interested because the song after 2:25 is fantastic and almost ends too quickly.

Mmk so Intro is a plus. Nice work not too fast not too slow.

Nice use of automation clips they are a very powerful tool.

Is that z3ta+? (random thought)

Snare is iffy, could take it or leave it. From a personal standpoint I like the harder hitting "dance snare" like you have so I like it.

Again after 2:25 I enjoyed the arpeggios. But song should keep going me thinks.

Hmm i think that just about covers it ill listen to it with my good head phones later i want to hear it better than through laptop speakers haha.

All in all- solid piece. Like i said the octaved melodies are there but im still giving you a 9/10 and a 4.5/5 ( i'll vote 5/5) but you'll rarely see a 5/5 from me haha.

Anyway i think this review warrants a response lol

keep up the good work

Express Unit Express Unit

I like it

If i had to take something away though the bass is overpowering.

But the melodies are nice

Keep up the good work.

Forming Anesthetic Forming Anesthetic

So I said I'd review back.

I'll do simple +'s and -'s

+ Interesting drums and percussion instruments very nice work on varying them

+ I like the pad'd intro

+ Cool hits especially at 1'44" reminded me of the Mortal Kombat theme which is a GOOD thing.

+ Solid length not too short not too long

+ Nice usage of accidentals

+ Like the eerie ending

+ Neither snare or bass is over powering

+ Props for using keys not loops

Kay so..

- Not sure if the last hit at the end was purposeful

- A few transitions need work but most are good

- Get rid of that clap its so generic

-/+ Song lacks a strong melody (all though I see what youre going for kind of a chill atmosphery sound so not a negative or positive just not my style I suppose)

- Again : Change that clap. Its so distracting from the rest of the song. Claps can be great when used like salt.

Overall great piece. Give it an 8.5 outta 10 but i'll round up for ya :D

lidlurch responds:

thanks for the great review! I've been really working on my garage band techniques and fx, and I realize that this is pretty basic. The form is weird and all over the place, and all of the instruments are pre-made. I look back on it right now, and figure...hmm, not the greatest thing i've made. I'm deffinetly going to make another version as soon as i finish the song i'm working on right now. thanks for the awesome advice!

'09 Fight Through The Zom '09 Fight Through The Zom

Theatrical

Nice work

FFXI Online - Jeuno Xmas Remix FFXI Online - Jeuno Xmas Remix

Solid

Quality is nice. Very pure sound. The instruments are bouncy and I like the hits. Some more important melodies are a little soft but that may be just due to me listening to this through my computer speakers. Keep up the nice work.

UnrealReno responds:

Thanks for the review, glad you liked it!